DASS is a regulatory oversight entity entrusted with ensuring that airports provide a safe operational environment through ensuring that the facilities, equipment and operational procedures at certified airports are in compliance with applicable national regulations and standards. For this purpose, DASS is entrusted with the certification of airports that comply with these standards and overseeing the compliance of certified airports.
DASS is also responsible for developing regulations, standards and publications to airport operators.
- Impact of New Large Aircraft on Airport Design ( Under Construction).
- Airfield Pavement Surface Evaluation and Rating Manuals
- Aerodrome Certification Procedures (DASS IHB Part 2).
- Runway Incursions prevention program
- Pavement Operations
- Guidelines for Establishing a Safety Management System
- Operational Safety on Airports During Construction
- Airport Safety Self-Inspection
- DOASS 01/2005 Airport Ground Vehicle Operations / CARC Guide
- DOASS Publication 06/2006 National Bird Strike Information System(IBIS)
- Overview of Safety Management System (Information Paper)
- DOASS 18/2009 IATA Safety Audit of Ground Operations (ISAGO)
- Rubber Removal Technique Information Paper
- Aircraft Accidents Up to May 2010
- Airport Emergency Planning
- Apron Management Services
- Critical Data Related to Safety Occurrences Reported at Aerodromes for the Monitoring of Safety
- Pavement Surface Conditions
- Rescue and Firefighting Personnel and Training (Arabic Ver.)
- Rescue and Firefighting Personnel and Training (English Ver.)
- Rescue Operations in Difficult Environments
- Surface Movement Guidance and Control System
- Visual Aids for Navigation
- Wildlife Reduction and Control
- Guidance on Safety Management Manual ICAO Doc 9859
- Notice of Construction, Alteration,Activation,and Deactivation of Airports JCAR-Part 57.
- Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration.
- Notice of Actual Construction or Alteration.
- Bird / Other Wildlife Strike Report.
- Petition for Exemption from JCAR Part 139 Requirements.
- Notice of Proposal to use Lights, Lasers, Weapons or Pyrotechnics.
- Application for SMS Acceptance In compliance with JCAR- Part 19
Contact: Directorate of Airports Safety and Standards